Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Emily and Bellarific Friday

No, I have not missed the past few weeks of the Bellarific Friday challenge. Emily (the Queen Bella), was in England and then Paris so she took a two week break. But she's back and in case you didn't hear the news, she's celebrating a birthday this Friday! To celebrate I incorporated a Birthday sentiment for her into this week's challenge.



This is Partygirlabella. Doesn't she look awesome with her party hat, balloons and cupcake? The layout was pretty easy since it was supplied to us by Jodibella - as the challenge this week. I have to give more credit her way though, I also took inspiration from her birthday card here to Karenbella. I pulled the same color scheme incorporating older Cosmo Cricket design paper and a Tres Jolie scrap I had out on my desk. I had great fun coloring the balloons and adorning them with glittah! I had to stamp the image twice though and cut out the balloons on the second one to piece back once I cut the image out with an oval Nestie. You can hardly tell! Thank goodness I thought to stamp a couple of these before I sent Madison and McKenz their birthday package. I knew they wouldn't mind if I used their stamps first because they are always asking me to send them new images. Since I was already into a second image - I decided to pop the cupcake up on dimensionals.

Here's a closeup for you...



Most of you know that I stamped this on Neenah Classic Crest cardstock with Memento Tuxedo black ink. She is colored with copics and shaded with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The senitment is also from Stamping Bella and I added VersaMagic Wheat chalk ink to shade the outer edges.

Little miss Mini-Bella McKenz also made a card this week. Now don't be shy about leaving her some love. She always checks out the blogaroo and would love to see your comments.




Enjoy the rest of your week.

Cath

2 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, your card this week is stunning. Wow, the shading is fantastic and the glittah on the baloons just sends it over the top. I love that label Nestie! Way to go, Sissy.

lizzy giggs said...

This card is amazing! I love the glittah! I love the shading and I love the way you put the card together - picking up all the colors and putting them in the balloons, and adding shapes and the cool nestability. Yummy!