Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mickey has Birthday wishes

Today I have a just for fun post with a card to share I made for my nephew.  He adores Mickey Mouse - and at age 2 what child doesn't?  I found some Disney coloring book pages that I reduced in size so I would fit on a card.  Then I printed it onto Bella's Bestest paper so I could color with copics.  A little shading was done with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.



When my image was done I used a Nestie Square die to cut the image out but I left some of the balloons to extend over the edge.  Black Glaze pen was used to brighten up the black parts...I really think this helps make them pop.  I backed the panel up with black Bazzil cardstock.  The banner is MFT Fishtail flags which I cut with red Bazzil cardstock and topped with black brads.  I attached all this to October Afternoon Sidewalk red stripped design paper.  Pretty easy.  Finished card is 5x7.

For the inside I stamped an MFT sentiment along with the number "2" I cut using my Slice machine (haven't used that in forever!) I then placed them on a panel I cut using another Nestie. Check it out...

 
Phew...this is late but I like the way it came out.  Now I have to make one for nephew #2 and hopefully his will be early to offset the one I sent late.  Goal is to finish that this week too.  Let's see if I can stick to that.
 
Enjoy your week!
 
Cath

1 comment:

Mary J said...

Such a sweet card, Cath! Love the bold papers with him!