Friday, June 7, 2013

Be-YOU-tiful

Happy Bellariffic Friday folks!  Today's challenge was sistahs or friendship - so I made a card for a really great friend.  It's actually one of the new Uptown Girls.  This is Polly.  I think she is Be-you-tiful - just like my friend. 

 
 
I started by stamping the image onto Bella's Bestest paper- white.  I then stamped the chair onto design paper and cut it out.  I added some shading around the edges using prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.  I then stamped the image again onto Bella's Bestest paper - colored it with copics and cut it out.  I know it takes a little extra work but I love the way it looks.  I love the white space of this card.  It showcases the image perfectly.  I layered this onto pink cardstock and then again onto Bella's Bestest Kraft paper
 
Now here's a peak at the inside. 
I generated the sentiment on my computer and cut it out with Nesties.
 
 
 
Now for next week's challenge we have another sketch.  I hope you can find time to play along with us.  And  you have a choice - make it a square or make it a circle.  Hmmm which one should I do?
 
 
Have a great weekend.  We have rain in the forecast but my Mom is in town and plan to head to the Country Living Fair in Rhinebeck, NY.  Can't wait!  We bought the weekend pass. 
 
Keep your eyes posted for Bella news on the release date.  I know I'm excited to get our newest artist, Christine Grove's whimsical farm friends into my hands.   
 
Ciao for now,
Cath

 

4 comments:

Vicki G said...

She is simply adorable!!!! Can't wait to get her!

Have a great day,

Vicki

Pauline said...

Beautiful! Love all the white space too, it really shows off Polly ( I think this was made for me, since everyone at home calls me Polly!!!)
The paper pieced sofa is fabby - love the dots. Fabulous take on this weeks challenge Cath! have a wonderful weekend.

Mary J said...

So lovin' your paper piecing, Cath - this is gorgeous!!!

Re the colours I used on mine...Y11, Y08 and Y15 for the dress and the sofa B21, B23 and B28. Can't wait to see your take with those colours!

Have a super duper weekend honey!

Dana White said...

Cath she is gorgeous. Look at that paper piecing!! Can't wait to get this new rubbah from Em!!