Thursday, May 9, 2013

Big Shoes

It's been ages I know...but I finally spent some time in my craft room yesterday so I thought I would share.  The object of my desire was a Mo Manning image from Stamping Bella called Big Shoes...I thought it would make a perfect Mother's Day card. 


Of course I stamped her onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored her with Copics.  I also added ground and surround shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.  The edges were distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Inks.  The  sentiment is computer generated and cut onto a MFT die-namic Mini- Tabs quartet die.  I added a swirl of clear rhinestones along with fabric rose ribbon to splash this up.  Papers are Lost & Found 3 Oliver by My Mind's Eye.  I framed the yellow print using a Nestie Die and then again added distress inks. 

For the inside, I used the sentiment that comes with the image - no one can EVER fill your shoes.  Perfect for Mom - right?  Well I thought so. 

For those Mom's out there, I hope you have a fabulous day on Sunday.

Cath

4 comments:

Kerri said...

awesome card I love it!!!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Cath! So nice to see you back at it again. Love all your elements on this. Have a wonderful Mother's Day as well. Hugs

Mary J said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous, Cath!!! Brilliant colouring and love the gems and distressing too!

Leslie said...

Ooh so happy to see you back! This is a perfect card for all the Mum's out there and you're right, no one can ever fill a Mum's shoes! Beautiful colouring and I love the framed print behind the image, and of course the bling! :)