Friday, February 15, 2013

February Oozak Challenge...Anything Goes

Happy February 15th folks.  Today I have the pleasure of sponsoring the DT post on the Oozak blog.  Our challenge this month is Anything Goes with your favorite color.  I have to admitt that I have lots of color combinations I enjoy working with but my favorite is Pink and Black.  So for today's card I set about to find paper and an image that would fit that color combo. 


I started with a Saturated Canary image.  This one isn't currently in the Oozak shop but there are plenty of images by Krista Smith that are.  This one is called Hugs and Kisses which I thought would be perfect for my daughter's Valentine's Day card.  I stamped the image onto Bella's Bestest paper and colored with a combination of copics and prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol.  I added surround shading with the image panel in the Nestie die using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tattered Rose.  To add some pop to the hearts I coated them with Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects and to the hair ties I couldn't resist some Ranger Stickles Worn Lipstick.



I cut the image out with a Nestabilities Petite Oval die and matted it in black Bazzil cardstock and then used a Nestabilities Floral Oval die for extra frilly, girly splash.  The papers are a combination of Authentique Uncommon for the pink polka dot background and the black is Echo Park For The Record.  An EK Success punch was used for the black border.  Machine stitching and a black ribbon bow topped with a button tied with Queen & Co. black and white twine finish this off.

I also finished the inside with a Stamping Bella sentiment and paper scraps from the Authentique 6x6 paper pack.



There's still plenty of time for you to play along this month.  Stop on by the Oozak challenge blog for some inspiration and to link up your card.  If you play by the rules, one lucky participant will win a prize pack from Hero Arts Stamps with a retail value of $75.  Hope to see your creations soon!!!  And there's also a Guest DT spot up for grabs.  If you'd like to join us, simply add GDT after your name when you submit your card.


Thanks for stopping by!
Cath

Card Supplies:

Copics: Face E000, E00, E11, R20, Boots C8, C7, C5, C3, C1 Box E44, E43, E42
Hearts in box R11, R00, R0000 Skirt and Leg Warmers R14, R12, R11
Shirt C5, C3, C1  Hair E41, Y21, Y23, YR23
Stamp: Saturated Canary Hugs and Kisses, Stamping Bella sentiment
Paper:  Bella's Bestest for image, Bazzil Cardstock
Design Paper:  Authentique Uncommon, Echo Park For the Record 6x6
Extras:  Nestabilites Floral Ovals, Petite Ovals Large, Ranger Stickles Worn Lipstick, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tattered Rose, Queen & Co black and white twine, black ribbon bow, button, machine stitching
Finished card size:  6x6

No comments: