Friday, May 25, 2012

Biker Babe

Here we are again ... another Bellariffic Friday. And today's challenge is a color challenge, yellow, blue and black. I'm currently on a yellow kick so I was totally cool with that. I'm a little behind with everything these days and this card is no different. It's for my daughter's birthday which was May 4th. We LOVE bike riding. It's become a great form of exercise for us and has made me feel so much healthier again. When I saw Uptown Girl Flora by Stamping Bella with her awesome bike, I knew she would adorn Jess's birthday card.

Now you aren't likely to see us riding in a skirt but this Uptown Girl is tres chic and looks fabulous wouldn't you say? I started by stamping her onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored her with copics. I also added shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. I used my new Simple Stories Summer Fresh 6x6 design paper from the Bella shop. I saw this on Em's post and couldn't wait to have it to create with. I also bought the new Queen & Co. blue and white twine. I must admit that part of my infatuation with this find was the neat wooden spool it came on. Hehe. But it also was perfect for this week's color challenge. The seam binding ribbon has Happy Birthday stamped onto it. I adorned the bow with a yellow button and the twine.

I wanted this a little girly so I also embellished with glitter applied with a Quickie Glue pen. I used a MFT die to cut the blue floral dp scallops on the right. The image panel was also cut using a die but this time a Nestie - the Large Petite Oval. Oh and the clouds were cut using a Memory Box die. The sentiment is an old Bella stamp I received ages ago but I remembered I had it (miracle there) and knew it would be perfect for this image. Machine stitching once again finishes this off.

Next week we have another sketch challenge. Hope you can find time over the holiday weekend to create and play along with us. Don't forget to visit us at the Bella Blog to see what the rest of the sistahs have come up with. And remember that a comment might just win you a $10 Bella Buck card. Woo Hoo.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.

Cath

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh so pretty Cath! Love the stamped seam binding and the clouds you added! Your cards always have the perfect balance!! So, SO pretty!

Dana White said...

Cath this is so pretty - the soft colours and the clouds are perfect. I hope your daughter had a great birthday

Pauline said...

Hey, don't know how I missed this card,I love it. Love the shape of your image, and the paper, ribbon etc all fits together wonderfully!

Tracy Valure said...

This image and your coloring are so beautiful. I love how you did the panel. This is one of my favorite Uptown girls. I bought it and I am making a framed version for my friend who is uber girlie and loves bike riding! It's perfect!
hugs,
Tracy Valure

Anonymous said...

Love the caption! Is this supposed to be you? (hehe)