Sunday, December 11, 2011

Decorating with White


Hello Folks! So sorry to have dropped out of commission...my computer would not understand that the power cord WAS attached so it drained the battery. I've been struggling for weeks with it...holding the cord ever so delicately so that it recognized the much needed power source but then I'd look and it was draining again. I finally gave in and took it to the shop. This is the first time I've bought a service warranty that I actually got to use. Anyhoo, they beat their repair estimate by two weeks and that made me so happy.

So now that I'm back in commission, I have my all white card to share with you from Stamping Bella's Bellariffic Friday. I've colored Ornament with Holly. The delicate lines of this one appeal to me. So I started with Bella's Bestest paper and Memento Tuxedo black ink. Then I colored with copics but I did need prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol to add shading. Then I glittered it up.

Oh, and I added Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects onto the berries for a little shine and copper Viva Decor Pearl Pen to the "dots" on and around the ornament for just a little more pizzaz. The image was cut and layered using Nestabiites Classic Rectangles in Large and Small and then Large Scallop. I cheated a little bit if you haven't noticed...I added a layer of creamy ivory to help make the ornament pop. I also think it helps pull your eye across the page. The background was dry embossed using my new Sizzix embossing folder from the Sugar and Starry Night set. T


Next week we have a wonderful sketch from Robinabella. Hope you can find time to play along.

Ok that's it for today. But I've got some more creating to do. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and holiday preparations!

Ciao for now,
Cath

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Lovely card Cath. Your colouring is beautiful, love the soft green glow around the ornament. I always pull this image out, and struggle with how to colour it, but you pulled it off!

Steph said...

I love this image, Cath! Gorgeous embossing too! Hope your PC is OK now!! x

Dana White said...

Cath how I've missed you and your stunning creations! This is absolutely beautiful. It just pops off the page. I have to admit I really like the effect of these all white cards.

Karen Motz said...

This is stunning!! I love the cream layers mixed in with the white!!

Leslie said...

Simply beautiful! I have to say, I was getting the shakes from not being able to access your blog! :) So happy you're back!

Robin McK said...

Hey Cath!
This car is just beautiful! I especially love the embossing and the stitching! Great job

Ebru Vatansever said...

Wow, I haven't been around to see your awesome cards my friend. You are blowing me out of the water with this card, total AWESOMENESS !!!