Sunday, November 27, 2011

Quinn sends You Warm Wishes

Good Morning! Did you survive the weekend of Holiday feasts and shopping? I had some new recruits with me this year...young nieces and a nephew. They were my runners.. it was hysterical to see them with a goal and how much fun they were having when they actually found what they were looking for. We come from one of the crazy families that actually shop on Black Friday. With the changes stores made this year, we actually started on Thursday night. We came home from turkey dinner, had a quick nap and were out the door at 11:00 pm. We shopped for hours and I took them home around 4am so they could sleep the day away. I on the other hand took another quick nap and then headed out for round 2 with my Mom. At 6am the stores were empty, parking was easy and we still got what we were looking for.

Now how about a card?

This is Uptown Girl Quinn and she comes with the sentiment. She's staying cozy warm with her ruffly pea coat, scarf, and Uggs. I would be covering up my legs if I was her but she's a little bit more resiliant than I am to the cold. This week Stamping Bella is sponsoring the sketch at CPS. So with that decision made, I started by stamping onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I colored with copics and added shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. Snowflakes falling were made with lots of glitter applied with a Quickie Glue pen. The snow at her feet was made with Opal White Liquid Pearls topped with glitter.

The design paper is from the 25 Days of Christmas 6x6 paper pad. I found this in the Bella shop a month ago and had to have it. If you haven't looked at the What's New tab in the Shop, you should. That's where I find all the new things...papers, embellishments, stamps. It's all in one neat little place so you don't have to hunt it down.


Want to see what the rest of the babes did with the layout? Head on over to the CPS blog and take a peek. You might even want to play along. Here's the sketch in case you do.

See ya back here later in the week.

Ciao,
Cath

4 comments:

Dana White said...

Oh my friend you are crazy!! I don't think I would face the crowds on Black Friday if I was down there!! LOVE Quinn and her boots - fabulous card!!

Tanya said...

Goodness...you are a brave soul to battle the Black Friday crowds! I stayed home...tho I'm trying to see if I can find a cyber Monday deal on a Kindle, lol. Anyhow, I am in love with these Uptown Girls...I need to get some of the Christmas ones, I don't have any and they are just adorable! I love how you colored Quinn and have her scarf cut out of the box.

Anonymous said...

Cathy, this is beautiful!
AND I LOVE SHOPPING on our Boxing Day, which isn't even close to your Friday, but still fun! I love the craziness of it and the fun! Once day I will go to Black Friday!

Leslie said...

WOW! Lovely colouring Cath!! Wish I had a pair of Uggs like that - they look warm and comfy! I can't believe your shopping adventures...I take my hat off to you, I don't think I could do that now, I'm far too old!!! :)