Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Arthur and Annie


Today I have a great pair to share with you. This is Arthur and Annie, another Cristy Croll creation released through Stamping Bella. So do you think I can pass this off as a baby congratulations? I mean I was asked to make a card for a new Mom who just had twins - a boy and a girl. I immediately thought of Arthur and Annie - ya know a little glimpse of the future for this new Mom.

I started by stamping onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. I inked Arthur first. I Then stamped him again on scrap paper and cut out his head to create a mask. I placed the mask over my stamped image. Then I stamped Annie onto the clear plate with the Stamp-a-ma-jig. That way I could tell where to line up my stamp block again. I placed the clear sheet over Arthur to find the right placement for Annie. Line up your stamp-a-ma-jig, remove the clear sheet and stamp Annie onto your paper right over the mask over Arthur's image. Simply remove the mask when you are done and voila you have a perfect overlay of Arthur over Annie. You can reverse who you want in front but all of Annie's curls had me choosing Arthur's image to cut out.

Coloring was done with copics and surround shading was added using prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. Design paper is from my new My Minds Eye 6x6 Lost and Found two Sunshine pack. I love this paper! The sentiment was computer generated onto vellum and held in place with metal brads. The border is by Stampin' Up!

There you go - quick and easy.

Don't forget that our theme this week is fall for the Bellariffic Challenge. I hope your scenery outside can give you lots of inspiration.

See ya Friday.

Cath

6 comments:

Steph said...

Just perfect for twins! Your colouring is just stunning!!! I'm v envious! x

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, they're sweet! Excellent coloring, Cath... especially their hair!

Dana White said...

Oh this is GORJUSS my friend!!!! LOVE it

Leslie said...

OMGoodness, that hair is fabulous! Wonderful card and it's perfect for new twins!

Kerri said...

Love it!!!...thks for sharing

Pauline said...

Wow Cath, this is gorgeous! Your colouring is stunning!
what a great job on the masking - it looks like it was just one stamp! Fantastic card!