Monday, July 18, 2011

A Potter's Bench


We all need a good work station. If you've seen my craft room you know that my Executive desk is my pride and joy. For my gardening, I've always wanted a nice potter's bench. Mo Manning has a wonderful illustration which was released in rubber through Stamping Bella, aptly named Potter's Bench. You can bet it caught my eye.

Not surprising I stamped this onto Bella's Bestest paper using Memento Tuxedo black ink. Then I added color with copics. I also added ground shading using prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. This image comes with the sentiment too so you get a twofer. I wanted this to look a little like a state fair prize ribbon so I used a Nestie die to cut out the flower and made the sentiment to look like a banner.

The card base is Neenah Classic Crest solar white, and colored cardstock is a combination of Stampin' Up! Dusty Durango and Bazzil. Design paper is from the 6x6 Basic Grey Hello Lucious paper pack. Machine stitching and a dew drop are the finishing touches.

Hope you all have a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

Cath

4 comments:

Dana White said...

Cath this is STUNNING!! I'm with you needing an organized space for my stamping or other stuff - your colours are perfect

Kerri said...

Love it grt job...not a gardener myself but I love your bench..thks for sharing

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Cath! I can't wait for my latest order to arrive, because this stamp is in it! :)

Steph said...

Such a pretty stamp! Love your colouring x