Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fitting in a Mary Maxim class

I'm heading to Michigan to bring our last kidlet home from college today- forevah too. She'll be finishing up an internship and then graduating. Woo Hoo we're getting closer to having them all off the family payroll. Since I'll be heading right through Port Huron, I've begged Brenda to let me see my buds and teach a class. Yeah, we'll be doing things a little differently since we'll just be coloring and no cardmaking but I get to see everyone again and that makes me happy. Our first image is Florence the Flowerpot girl from Stamping Bella. I colored that up a few weeks ago. Our second image is from Stampavie, Marguerite taking Ruben for a walk. I saw these new Sarah K images on the Stampavie blog at CHA time. Loved them. I owned a greyhound for years so this image reminded me of my daughter and Lexi.



Design paper is Hazel from the Stella and Rose collection from My Minds Eye. Cardstock is Bazzil and my image was colored on Bella's Bestest and stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink. I've colored with copics and have added shading with prismacolor pencils blended with gamsol. A few prisma flowers adorned with buttons, a rhinestone swirl and glitter are my adornments.

Maybe I'll see you at class tonight!

Cath

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cath,I remember Lexi. Wow! What a cute card. Love the image and the coloring.
Have fun in MI. I'll be thinking of you in that classroom we were in, doing what you do best ... sharing your passion of papercrafting! Good luck, hon. Congrats to the Grad!