Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Have you built a snowman yet?

Hello folks! Our winter wonderland continues. And it's so cold that the snow crunches underfoot. I LOVE when that happens. Of course it was so cold that many of the schools were closed again today. On my way home from work, I admired the snowmen the kids made on their day off. It inspired me to ink up Snowman Circle from Stamping Bella.


Did ya notice that I started with Kraft cardstock? Yup, I decided to change it up. Still pulled out the Memento Tuxedo black ink. Then I colored with copics and "painted" the white snowman with Close to my Heart White Daisy pigment ink. Glitter applied with a Quickie glue pen helped make him glisten. A Sakura black Glaze pen helped add some shine to the top hat and buttons. Various Spellbinders Circle Nesties and Lacy Circles (which I finally found in stock at Mary Maxim - Woo Hoo) cut the papers for matting the image panel. The center border strip was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is also a Bella. It too was cut with a Nestie. The snow was created using Liquid Pearls adorned with glitter.

Machine stitching brought the image panel together. Cardstock is Papertrey Ink Kraft, prisim red and black. White is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White. The design paper is from K&Company.

Enjoy your week and see you back here on Friday for our last challenge of the year. I've got my card done. How about you? Come on play along with us one more time this year.

Ciao,
Cath