Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Al tee 'tude Bellarific Friday



In case you haven't heard, this week's Bellarific Friday challenge is a color challenge; pink, green and brown. I knew the image I wanted to color but I didn't have a layout. So I hunted the internet and got some ideas and this is what I've settled with. The image was easy - in my last visit with Paula Williamson, she shared some of her stamped images with me. I fell in love with this little cutie.

This is Little Miss Al tee 'tude sitting on her cloud 9. I colored her up with Prismacolor pencils, gamsol and blending stubs. Since it's from Paula's stash I can bet that the paper is Bella's Bestest. It's my first time using it and it felt very similar to my Neenah Classic Crest. I spruced her up with some Bella glitter as well as some clear and black glaze pens. I brought the sewing machine out again but don't look close - it was a little more difficult to do the curve than it was straight lines.

The design paper is by Imaginisce called Baby Powder/Baby's Breath. Since it was double sided I had a perfect match for the green and pink papers. Cardstock is Prism and my favorite Neenah. I love the large scallop from EK Success so I couldn't resist putting it on both ends. Martha Stewart ribbon, a random button and some jewelry floss finish it off. Nesties made an easy task of getting the ovals cut. I know that this is not the sentiment that comes with this stamp but Happy Birthday just seemed to fit for my intended recepient - it was computer generated to fit in the limited space I had.

I hope you get a chance to get a card done for the challenge.

Have a great week and hope to see you again soon.

Love Ya,
Cath

No comments: