Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Copic Cubby



I just had to share my newest storage solution with you. I purchased this Copic marker wooden box at the Kitchener Scrapfest from Skribbles and Scraps. They are a local scrapbook store across the pond, as we say, in Sarnia, Canada. The owner's husband Bob sold me on this. It comes unfinished and in a variety of sizes. They actually have one that stores 300 markers! I told him that was a bit much but I needed room for a little more than the 140 markers I own. He found one that holds 156 markers and I said sold! I quicky ran to good 'ol LumberJack to find some ebony stain and some poly so that I could stain this to match my desk. I love the way it turned out and love to see all my markers in order staring me in the face. I do have a few of my markers out for the April and May classes so that accounts for some of the holes you see but once they are all in - this is just about packed. Neat thing is that Bob said he would grow with me if need be and would special order so that the next box I purchase would be in similar height as this one. Is that service or what? Second neat thing, this was only $25. I thought it was a great way to see my markers in order - the neat freak in me hated when I pulled one out and they all spilled into the space. This should easily solve that.

Now onto a card...



I found this while cruising through the internet and thought it was a beautiful springy card. I've had a stash of Jolie flowers for years and immediately thought that they would be perfect embellishments on this card. Once I got the design down I was able to duplicate this a couple times and have given it out to my Spring birthday girls this year. I love it!

The tools I used were an EK Success border punch, Netabilities oval and labels 4 dies, Martha Stewart triple butterfly punch, Kaiser pearls, Jolie flowers, silk ribbon, an Impression Obsession leaf stamp stamped with Anna Griffin green pigment ink and a Penny Black sentiment stamp stamped with VersaMagic pumpkin spice chalked ink. Papers are a combination of AC Cardstock, Neenah Classic Crest solar white, and pink parchment.

Hope you are having a great week.

Cath

No comments: