Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Cheery Greeting

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are having fun preparing for the holidays. I have visions of Christmas cookies baking, cards being mailed, and presents being wrapped. I'll have to settle for the presents bought and the kitchen being primed and painted. Our new cabinets will be delivered next week and I can't tell you how exicted we are and ready. Living out of boxes and seeing white dust everyday is getting a little old. On a good note, the bathroom demolition was a great improvement along with the tile floor and new casings for all the windows and doors. Pulling the refridgerator out of the closet and finally exposing a pantry is pure bliss. Our goal is to finish painting that this weekend so we can start to put our food in there and off the hallway floor. Keep your fingers crossed that I have the energy to complete this.

Knowing that I had lots to do in the kitchen today, I was up early again so that I could create. Early was 3am because I couldn't sleep. The creating consisted of a new card that I cased from Amy Sheffer. I bought the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird 6x6 DP when I visited my sissy this summer and I haven't really used it. Amy created this card using the papers and I just had to give it a try. Her ability to combine colors amazes me. I would not have come up with this combo on my own and yet I love it!



I added a heat embossed birthday sentiment and some Martha Stewart punched butterflies. A few stray buttons (I'm learning to recycle these off shirts that won't cut it for the Salvation Army) and a ribbon bow make this a done deal.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for looking.

Cath

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, this is too cute. I love the addition of the butterflies. They look great. You know I have looksed for that paper everytime i have headed to Photoscraps and they never have it. You were lucky to have found it. I can't wait to see photos of the kitchen.