Sunday, October 11, 2009

Christmas Blessings

Hello All! Wow, another week has flown by. Things got pretty hectic here. I had inventory at good old LumberJack on Thrsday night. We started at 4pm and went throught the night until 6:30 am. Yup, it was exhausting and hard to change the body clock to sleep during the day on Thursday. I even stayed up most of the night on Wednesday so that I would tire myself out...just didn't happen. Anyway, Tom and Angela headed in for a Johnny Cash impersonator show on Friday evening and she and I hit the craft room on Saturday morning. Here is one of our projects.



I finally put some ink to the September release sets from Papertrey Ink. I loved all the samples the design team came up with and couldn't decide which one I liked best - so I bought the whole dang release. What I found is that they are very interchangeable and we had fun making this card. We actually cased a sample Dawn McVey revealed on her blog. Since I also had the Stocking Prints set we added a little stocking embellishment to change the look just a bit.

For the first time in a long time, this card was all stamps and no coloring. The background Design paper was even stamped! While we didn't use copics, we did use quite a few ink colors - SU Ruby Red, Memento Rich Cocoa (I love how this ink smells like cocoa when you open it)and Enclore Honeydew Metallic. We also distressed the ivory sentiment strip with Tim Holtz Antique Linen.

Some neat little additions make this more sentimental too - I pulled out my Grandma craft stash and had a small strip of white ribbon with hanging balls. We cut a little piece to put under the stocking top and I think it's just neat. I also pulled out my button stash and added a button to the center of the silk bow. The border was cut from the Fiskars treading water border punch but I covered the punched holes so it looks like a simple scallop edge.

Here's a guide to the stamp sets used:

Sentiment: Dawn McVey's own Signature Christmas
Background Design paper: Vintage Labels
Stocking: Stocking Prints

Pretty simple and fun to case.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Cathy

1 comment:

ScrappyLin said...

Cath, this one is so elegant and beautiful. I love the antique linen inking that you did. It looks great. Did you apply it straight from the pad or did you use a dauber? I love the addition of Grandma's ribbon under the stocking--nice touch. The stamped background looks fantastic.