Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bold Floral Birthday

Happy Monday everyone!

Well, I finished an easy card to share with you. The easy part was that I followed the layout and color scheme from Amy Scheffer. I found this a while back and saved it to my "to do" list. I loved the way the deep reds mixed with the softer blue and tan.




The base of the card and the main image panel are Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. I finally got my hands on some when I went home and I'm loving it. It really has a nice feel and the Copics just glide over the surface. I'm psyched - it really does make a difference! The solid red and blue have a shimmer to them so they're reflecting light in the picture but they look neat in person. This was a Christmas clearance purchase from Target that I got for a steal. I hoarded all 4 packages of red and 2 of the blue. Whoo Hoo! I'm afraid that I used a scrap for the tan DP and I can't remember where it came from. The Birthday sentiment is from Stampin Up! My New York gang will be happy to know that I found my missing "Daisy" stamp from Inkadinkado and I used it here. Would you believe that I tore my craft space apart and gave up on finding it only to stumble upon it attached to some celephane packaging. Thank Goodness - I love this little guy. (I brought this to use when I went to NY and just about had a heart attack when I pulled out the packaging but found it missing.)

I'd like to share a tip I've stumbled on from Susan Liles for hand trimming the flower. If you cut all the petals along one side and then go back the other way, the petals won't bend. This works so beautifully.

***I have edited the above link so that it will now take you directly to Suzie's post where she gives us a tip for cutting out images like flowers or stars. Sorry for the dud link and thanks ScrappyLin for bringing it to my attention!
Lastly, if you are wondering where to find the Neenah cardstock I found that Xpedex paper stores carry it in stock or you can find it at Amazon.com. I personally would rather not pay shipping so the wait was worth it for me. You can also go directly to the Neenah website and find a local distributer. Good Luck.

Hope you all have a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

Cathy

2 comments:

ScrappyLin said...

Hey, the link didn't work. What is this tip about?

Crafty Cath said...

Sorry about that - I like to try these out after I post to make sure everything copied correctly. I have now edited the post so that the link goes to Suzie's post and tip for cutting images without having paper bends. I have found it most helpful. Thanks for pointing this out Lin!